Lenoir-Rhyne Easily Dispatches Belmont Abbey, 8-1, In Men's Tennis
April 8, 2011
Three players score wins at singles and doubles for the Bears
Junior Aroon Khatter was one of three players to win at both singles and doubles for Lenoir-Rhyne in a 9-0 victory over Belmont Abbey Friday afternoon in Belmont, N.C.
Belmont, N.C. - The Lenoir-Rhyne University Men's Tennis Team (2-11) garnered its second win of the 2010-11 season when it downed Belmont Abbey College (0-12), 8-1, Friday at Sacred Heart Courts.
Three players - freshman Tommy Brennan (Miami, Fla.) and juniors David Jackson (Charlotte, N.C.) and Aroon Khatter (Pune, INDIA) - all won at singles and doubles for Lenoir-Rhyne.
In addition, the Bears snapped a 10-match losing skid and won their second match away from home this year.
Lenoir-Rhyne travels to Jefferson City, Tenn., on Sunday for a South Atlantic Conference match against Carson-Newman at 1:00 p.m.
L-R's next home match, its finale, is on Tuesday when the Bears play the Railsplitters of Lincoln Memorial in a league contest beginning at 2:00 p.m., at Hickory High School.
Lenoir-Rhyne 8, Belmont Abbey 1
April 8, 2011
Sacred Heart Courts
1. Tommy Brennan (L-R) def. Tom Wigley (BAC), 6-2, 6-0
2. Aroon Khatter (L-R) def. Patrick Noelke (BAC), 6-1, 6-2
3. Damien Nelson (BAC) def. Matt Gaines (L-R), 6-3, 1-6, 10-5
4. Graydon Dunn (L-R) def. Mario Nunez (BAC), 6-2, 6-2
5. David Jackson (L-R) def. Trey Ennis (BAC), 6-0, 6-0
6. Nathan Helms (L-R) def. Andrew Gazich (BAC), 6-0, 6-1
1. Tommy Brennan/Aroon Khatter (L-R) def. Damien Nelson/Patrick Noelke (BAC), 8-1
2. Robby Blackburn/Matt Gaines (L-R) def. Tom Wigley/Trey Ennis (BAC), 9-8 (7-2)
3. David Jackson/Nate Summer (L-R) def. Rob Franer/Andrew Gazich (BAC), 8-0
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (2-11), Belmont Abbey (0-12)