Lenoir-Rhyne Women's Tennis Shuts Out Concord, 9-0
March 16, 2012
Bears have now won two consecutive matches
|Lenoir-Rhyne University junior Kelsey Love prevailed at both No. 1 singles and doubles in a 9-0 win over Concord University Friday afternoon at Hickory High School in Hickory, N.C.|
Hickory, N.C. - The Lenoir-Rhyne University Women's Tennis Team (2-7) made it two wins in a row with a 9-0 shutout victory over Concord University (3-14) Friday afternoon at Hickory High School.
Juniors Kelsey Love (Port Orange, Fla.) and Ivey Tant (Lansing, N.C.), senior Mariel Mena (Gainesville, Fla.) and freshman Maggie Brown (Cranford, N.J.) all earned victories in singles and doubles action for the Bears.
Lenoir-Rhyne travels to Salisbury, N.C., to face Catawba in a South Atlantic Conference match on Tuesday beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Concord meanwhile, hosts, Fairmont State in a West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference contest on Saturday, March 24, at 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Lenoir-Rhyne 9, Concord 0
Hickory, N.C. (Hickory High School)
March 16, 2012
1. Kelsey Love (L-R) def. Laura Leon (CU), 6-1, 6-0
2. Ivey Tant (L-R) def. Kirby Mustard (CU), 6-4, 1-0, by injury default
3. Mariel Mena (L-R) def. Cristina Knable (CU), 1-6, 6-1, 10-6
4. Amanda Young (L-R) def. Kat Naglee (CU), 6-0, 6-0
5. Maggie Brown (L-R) def. Zoya Naumchyk (CU), 6-2, 6-0
6. Blair McDonough (L-R) def. No player (CU), by default
1. Kelsey Love/Ivey Tant (L-R) def. Laura Leon/Cristina Knable (CU), 8-4
2. Maggie Brown/Mariel Mena (L-R) def. Kirby Mustard/Kat Naglee (CU), 8-4
3. Blair McDonough/Amanda Young (L-R) def. No player/No player (CU), by default
Records: Concord (3-14), Lenoir-Rhyne (2-7)