Lenoir-Rhyne Men's Tennis Suffers An 8-1 Setback To Catawba
March 20, 2012
Junior David Richardson wins at fifth singles for the Bears despite the loss
|Lenoir-Rhyne junior David Richardson prevailed at fifth singles for the Bears in an 8-1 loss to Catawba in a South Atlantic Conference match Tuesday afternoon in Salisbury, N.C.|
Salisbury, N.C. - The Catawba Men's Tennis Team (13-5, 2-2) defeated Lenoir-Rhyne (1-8, 0-5), 8-1, in a South Atlantic Conference contest at the Johnson Tennis Center on Tuesday afternoon.
The Bears' lone win came at No. 5 singles when junior David Richardson (Wake Forest, N.C.) downed Catawba's Uri Yarkoni (Kelowna, British Columbia, CANADA) by scores of 7-5 and 7-5.
L-R will next face Brevard in a South Atlantic Conference match at Hickory High School Saturday afternoon beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Catawba travels to Jefferson City, Tenn., to take league-foe Carson-Newman Friday at 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Men's Tennis Final
Catawba 8, Lenoir-Rhyne 1
(Johnson Tennis Center)
March 20, 2012
1. Alex Macdonald (CAT) def. Aroon Khatter (L-R), 7-6, 6-4
2. Thomas Mitchell (CAT) def. Robby Blackburn (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
3. Jess Goodall (CAT) def. Michael Owens (L-R), 6-2, 6-1
4. Matthew Nicholson (CAT) def. Graydon Dunn (L-R), by default
5. David Richardson (L-R) def. Uri Yarkoni (CAT), 7-5, 7-5
6. Corey Eldridge (CAT) def. Jarod Styres (L-R), 6-0, 5-7, 10-2
1. Thomas Mitchell/Uri Yarkoni (CAT) def. Aroon Khatter/Robby Blackburn (L-R), 8-6
2. Alex Macdonald/Matthew Nicholson (CAT) def. David Richardson/Michael Owens (L-R), 8-0
3. Corey Eldridge/Jess Goodall (CAT) def. Jarod Styres/Graydon Dunn (L-R), 8-2
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (1-8, 0-5 SAC), Catawba (13-5, 2-2 SAC)