Belmont Abbey Men's Tennis Gets By Lenoir-Rhyne, 5-4
April 4, 2012
Graydon Dunn and Jarod Styres each win at singles and doubles for the Bears on the day
|Lenoir-Rhyne senior Graydon Dunn won at both singles and doubles despite a 5-4 loss to Belmont Abbey Wednesday afternoon at Sacred Heart Courts in Belmont, N.C.|
Belmont, N.C. - The Lenoir-Rhyne Men's Tennis Team (1-13) came very close to winning its second match of the season but fell to Belmont Abbey (4-11), 5-4, Wednesday afternoon at Sacred Heart Courts.
Despite falling, Lenoir-Rhyne senior Graydon Dunn (Charlotte, N.C.) and freshman Jarod Styres (Chapel Hill, N.C.) prevailed at singles and doubles for the Bears.
The pair defeated Belmont Abbey's Tim Tanko (Kennesaw, Ga.) and Patrick Noelke (Pinehurst, N.C.) by a score of 8-3 at second doubles.
In singles play, Dunn defeated Noelke (6-2 and 7-5) and Styres downed Tanko (4-6, 6-3 and 6-2) while junior David Richardson (Wake Forest, N.C.) and senior Michael Owens (Clinton, S.C.) won at third doubles for L-R as well.
Lenoir-Rhyne's final match of the year takes place on Monday, April 16, on the road against Lees-McRae beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Belmont Abbey next hosts Anderson next Wednesday beginning at 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Men's Tennis Final
Belmont Abbey 5, Lenoir-Rhyne 4
April 4, 2012 at Belmont, N.C.
(Sacred Heart Courts)
1. Conner McMann (BAC) def. Aroon Khatter (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
2. Alex Gradenwitz (BAC) def. David Richardson (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
3. Gabriel Trombini (BAC) def. Robby Blackburn (L-R), 6-2, 6-4
4. Graydon Dunn (L-R) def. Patrick Noelke (BAC), 6-2, 7-5
5. Jarod Styres (L-R) def. Tim Tanko (BAC), 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
6. Idris Moya (BAC) def. Michael Owens (L-R), 4-6, 7-5, 6-3
1. Conner McMann/Alex Gradenwitz (BAC) def. Aroon Khatter/Robby Blackburn (L-R), 8-1
2. Graydon Dunn/Jarod Styres (L-R) def. Tim Tanko/Patrick Noelke (BAC), 8-3
3. Michael Owens/David Richardson (L-R) def. Idris Moya/Gabriel Trombini (BAC), 8-3
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (1-13), Belmont Abbey (4-11)