Mars Hill Women's Tennis Upends Lenoir-Rhyne, 7-2
March 7, 2013
Bears win at fourth singles and sixth singles despite the setback to the Lions
|Lenoir-Rhyne freshman Amanda Bryan won at sixth singles for the Bears in a 7-2 setback to Mars Hill Thursday afternoon in a South Atlantic Conference match at the Hart Tennis Center in Mars Hill, N.C.|
Mars Hill, N.C. - The Mars Hill Women's Tennis Team (1-5, 1-1) picked up its first South Atlantic Conference win of the season, 7-2, over Lenoir-Rhyne (0-3, 0-3) Thursday afternoon at the Hart Tennis Center.
Despite the loss, Lenoir-Rhyne did manage to pull out wins at No. 4 singles and No. 6 singles.
At fourth singles, junior Nateesha Hurtt (Jacksonville, Fla.) improved to 3-0 on the season after downing Mars Hill's Aly Jones (Wilson, N.C.), 6-1 and 7-5.
Meanwhile, freshman Amanda Bryan (Taylorsville, N.C.) prevailed over Natalie Hilbig (Columbus, N.C.), 6-3 and 6-4, at sixth singles for the Bears despite the loss.
Lenoir-Rhyne returns home to host Coker in its next match on Saturday at 1:00 p.m., at Hickory High School.
Mars Hill does not play again until Tuesday, March 19, against Young Harris in Young Harris, Ga., beginning at 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Mars Hill 7, Lenoir-Rhyne 2
March 7, 2013 at Mars Hill, N.C.
Hart Tennis Center
1. Tatiana Dualiby (MHC) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 6-1, 6-2
2. Anna Rickenbaker (MHC) def. Ivey Tant (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
3. Marian Pinate (MHC) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 6-4, 6-3
4. Nateesha Hurtt (L-R) def. Aly Jones (MHC), 6-1, 7-5
5. Alison Fridley (MHC) def. Maggie Brown (L-R), 6-3, 2-6, 10-7
6. Amanda Bryan (L-R) def. Natalie Hilbig (MHC), 6-3, 6-4
1. Tatiana Dualiby/Anna Rickenbaker (MHC) def. Nateesha Hurtt/Kelsey Love (L-R), 8-3
2. Alison Fridley/Aly Jones (MHC) def. Lacey Lapp/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-6
3. Marian Pinate/Natalie Hilbig (MHC) def. Amanda Bryan/Meaghan Liner (L-R), 8-5
Records: Lenoir-Rhyne (0-3, 0-3 SAC), Mars Hill (1-5, 1-1 SAC)