Catawba Women's Tennis Gets The Best Of Lenoir-Rhyne, 8-1
March 19, 2013
L-R's Maggie Brown and Lacey Lapp win at third doubles in the loss
|Lenoir-Rhyne junior Lacey Lapp won at third doubles for the Bears in an 8-1 loss to Catawba on Tuesday afternoon at Hickory High School in a South Atlantic Conference match in Hickory, N.C.|
Hickory, N.C. - The Catawba Women's Tennis Team (12-5, 2-2) beat Lenoir-Rhyne (0-6, 0-5), 8-1, in a South Atlantic Conference match Tuesday afternoon at Hickory High School.
L-R did manage to win at third doubles behind the tandem of sophomore Maggie Brown (Cranford, N.J.) and junior Lacey Lapp (Maitland, Fla.).
Brown and Lapp downed Catawba's Rachel Rudisill (Gastonia, N.C.) and Andrea Bell (Franklin, N.C.) by a score of 8-5.
Lenoir-Rhyne steps out of conference play to face Young Harris in Young Harris, Ga., on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
Catawba, meanwhile, takes on Anderson in Anderson, S.C., tomorrow afternoon in a league showdown. Match time is set for 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Catawba 8, Lenoir-Rhyne 1
March 19, 2013 at Hickory, N.C.
Hickory High School
1. Liz Renteria (CAT) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
2. Sloan Kessler (CAT) def. Ivey Tant (L-R), 6-2, 6-1
3. Lauren Sledd (CAT) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 6-4, 6-1
4. Ally Prior (CAT) def. Amanda Bryan (L-R), 6-1, 6-2
5. Olivia Myers (CAT) def. Maggie Brown (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
6. Andrea Bell (CAT) def. Amanda Young (L-R), 6-1, 6-0
1. Liz Renteria/Sloan Kessler (CAT) def. Kelsey Love/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-1
2. Lauren Sledd/Ally Prior (CAT) def. Amanda Bryan/Meaghan Liner (L-R), 8-1
3. Maggie Brown/Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Rachel Rudisill/Andrea Bell (CAT), 8-5
Records: Catawba (12-5, 2-2 SAC), Lenoir-Rhyne (0-6, 0-5 SAC)