Catawba Women's Tennis Gets The Best Of Lenoir-Rhyne, 8-1
March 19, 2013
L-R's Maggie Brown and Lacey Lapp win at third doubles in the loss
|Lenoir-Rhyne junior Lacey Lapp won at third doubles for the Bears in an 8-1 loss to Catawba on Tuesday afternoon at Hickory High School in a South Atlantic Conference match in Hickory, N.C.|
Hickory, N.C. - The Catawba Women's Tennis Team (12-5, 2-2) beat Lenoir-Rhyne (0-6, 0-5), 8-1, in a South Atlantic Conference match Tuesday afternoon at Hickory High School.
Brown and Lapp downed Catawba's Rachel Rudisill (Gastonia, N.C.) and Andrea Bell (Franklin, N.C.) by a score of 8-5.
Lenoir-Rhyne steps out of conference play to face Young Harris in Young Harris, Ga., on Saturday at 2:00 p.m.
Catawba, meanwhile, takes on Anderson in Anderson, S.C., tomorrow afternoon in a league showdown. Match time is set for 2:00 p.m.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Catawba 8, Lenoir-Rhyne 1
March 19, 2013 at Hickory, N.C.
Hickory High School
1. Liz Renteria (CAT) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
2. Sloan Kessler (CAT) def. Ivey Tant (L-R), 6-2, 6-1
3. Lauren Sledd (CAT) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 6-4, 6-1
4. Ally Prior (CAT) def. Amanda Bryan (L-R), 6-1, 6-2
5. Olivia Myers (CAT) def. Maggie Brown (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
6. Andrea Bell (CAT) def. Amanda Young (L-R), 6-1, 6-0
1. Liz Renteria/Sloan Kessler (CAT) def. Kelsey Love/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-1
2. Lauren Sledd/Ally Prior (CAT) def. Amanda Bryan/Meaghan Liner (L-R), 8-1
3. Maggie Brown/Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Rachel Rudisill/Andrea Bell (CAT), 8-5
Records: Catawba (12-5, 2-2 SAC), Lenoir-Rhyne (0-6, 0-5 SAC)