Barton Edges Lenoir-Rhyne, 6-3, In Women's Tennis
March 27, 2013
L-R sophomore Maggie Brown won at both singles and doubles for the Bears despite the loss
|Lenoir-Rhyne University freshman Amanda Bryan won at sixth singles for the Bears in a 6-3 setback to Barton on Wednesday afternoon at Hickory High School in Hickory, N.C.|
Hickory, N.C. - The Barton Women's Tennis Team (8-6) defeated Lenoir-Rhyne (0-8), 6-3, Wednesday afternoon in a non-conference affair at Hickory High School.
Despite the loss, sophomore Maggie Brown (Cranford, N.J.) won at both fifth singles and third doubles for the Bears.
Brown and junior Lacey Lapp (Maitland, Fla.) defeated Caroline Fischer (Socorro, Brazil) and Francesca Del Pozo (Lima, Peru), 8-4, at third doubles.
Lenoir-Rhyne freshman Amanda Bryan (Taylorsville, N.C.) also won in singles play, downing Kristy Lievense (Wilson, N.C.), 7-6, 5-7 and 10-8, at No. 6
L-R is back in action against Brevard in Brevard, N.C., on Thursday at 2:00 p.m., in a South Atlantic Conference contest.
Barton, meanwhile, returns home to face Lees-McRae at 1:00 p.m., on Saturday afternoon in a Conference Carolinas match.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Barton 6, Lenoir-Rhyne 3
March 27, 2013 at Hickory, N.C.
Hickory High School
1. Smiljana Kljajic (BARTON) def. Ivey Tant (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
2. Alicia Lasry (BARTON) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 6-1, 6-1
3. Meredith Pruden (BARTON) def. Lacey Lapp (L-R), 6-0, 6-1
4. Lindsey Frederick (BARTON) def. Nateesha Hurtt (L-R), won by injury default
5. Maggie Brown (L-R) def. Caroline Fischer (BARTON), 6-3, 6-3
6. Amanda Bryan (L-R) def. Kristy Lievense (BARTON), 7-6, 5-7, 10-8
1. Lindsey Frederick/Meredith Pruden (BARTON) def. Nateesha Hurtt/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-6
2. Smiljana Kljajic/Alicia Lasry (BARTON) def. Amanda Bryan/Kelsey Love (L-R), 8-2
3. Maggie Brown/Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Caroline Fischer/Francesca Del Pozo (BARTON), 8-4
Records: Barton (8-6), Lenoir-Rhyne (0-8)