Carson-Newman Women's Tennis Ends Lenoir-Rhyne's Regular Season, 7-2
April 1, 2013
Junior Lacey Lapp wins at both singles and doubles for the Bears in the loss to the Eagles
|Lenoir-Rhyne junior Lacey Lapp won at both singles and doubles for the Bears in a 7-2 loss to Carson-Newman Monday afternoon at Hickory High School in the regular season finale.|
Hickory, N.C. - The Lenoir-Rhyne Women's Tennis Team (0-11, 0-9) saw its regular season come to a close with a 7-2 defeat to the hands of Carson-Newman (7-7, 1-4) Monday afternoon in South Atlantic Conference action at Hickory High School.
Despite the loss, Lenoir-Rhyne junior Lacey Lapp (Maitland, Fla.) won at both singles and doubles play for the Bears.
Lapp teamed with sophomore Maggie Brown (Cranford, N.J.) to beat Carson-Newman's Brooke Sanderson (Evans, Ga.) and Megan Wilson (Maryville, Tenn.), 8-4, to win at third doubles.
Lapp also defeated the Eagles' Jennifer Ott (Knoxville, Tenn.), 6-4 and 6-2, at No. 4 singles.
Carson-Newman next faces North Georgia on Wednesday afternoon beginning at Noon.
NCAA Division II Women's Tennis Final
Carson-Newman 7, Lenoir-Rhyne 2
April 1, 2013 at Hickory, N.C.
Hickory High School
1. Stefy Stand (C-N) def. Kelsey Love (L-R), 1-6, 6-1, 10-4
2. Patricia Guerreiro (C-N) def. Ivey Tant (L-R), 6-2, 6-0
3. Haleigh Chastain (C-N) def. Nateesha Hurtt (L-R), 6-4, 6-2
4. Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Jennifer Ott (C-N), 6-4, 6-2
5. Brooke Sanderson (C-N) def. Maggie Brown (L-R), 6-1, 6-3
6. Tiffany Delias (C-N) def. Amanda Bryan (L-R), 6-3, 6-3
1. Stefy Stand/Patricia Guerreiro (C-N) def. Kelsey Love/Ivey Tant (L-R), 8-4
2. Haleigh Chastain/Jennifer Ott (C-N) def. Meaghan Liner/Amanda Bryan (L-R), 8-0
3. Maggie Brown/Lacey Lapp (L-R) def. Brooke Sanderson/Megan Wilson (C-N), 8-4
Records: Carson-Newman (7-7, 1-4 SAC), Lenoir-Rhyne (0-11, 0-9 SAC)